09 June 2008

I hate Steve Jobs

Bastard! Bastard! Bastard!!! I'm sitting here watching Steve Jobs at the WWDC live and he's just pissed me off.

I bought my iPhone less than 3 months ago. Dammit! I should have waited until now!!! They've done a MAJOR overhaul of the phone and made it a 3G phone with GPS, longer battery life, more apps available, etc., for 1/2 the price!!!!! WTF? I spent nearly $700 for mine (with the exchange rate), or rather my bank/insurance paid that much. In the US the iPhone will be a mere $200!! I might just have to ditch my current phone and buy the new edition when it comes out in the US and have it shipped to the UK.

Starting this year the iPhone will be available in 70 countries, not including Saudi Arabia of course.

Back to the price. The $199 price will be for the 8GB model. If you want to double the memory, then add another $100. The price will be the standard across the world. Steve said he's not allowing companies to raise the price, so no matter where in the world you are, it will still be $199 for the 8GB

BTW, if you're wondering why I seem to be a bit schizophrenic while typing this, it's because I'm watching the key note address live as I type this.

So, with the price being $199 no matter where on earth you buy it, I might as well wait for it to come out in the UK on 11 July when it's released worldwide in the first 22 countries, including all of North America, and most of Europe. I think I can afford to eat less for a month. LOL

No comments: